Sun Hung Kai Properties reaffirms commitment to sustainability in latest report
Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited (SHKP) published its 2019/20 Sustainability Report today, detailing the Group’s enhanced sustainability strategy framework and its latest work in strengthening its environmental, social and economic resilience for the 2019/20 financial year.
Guided by its belief in Building Homes with Heart, the Group reviewed its sustainability approach and sharpened the focus and commitment of its sustainability strategy framework. The Group believes this will better consolidate its efforts to contribute to the broad United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals and address stakeholder expectations.
“With a solid foundation built over the past years, we strive to improve further the Group’s sustainability performance and pursue long-term value. We continue to demonstrate resilience in meeting future challenges and uncertainties,” said SHKP’s Sustainability Steering Committee.
The five priority pillars of the Group’s sustainability strategy – the Environment, People, Customers, Supply Chain and Community – are central to the Group’s sustainability work. They describe the Group’s commitment and approach, and represent the key areas that the Group will focus on going forward.
The full report is now available at https://www.shkp.com/Html/CSR/SHKP_SR_2020_EN.pdf.
SHKP’s major work and achievements in the 2019/20 financial year are as follows:
- Accomplished the Group’s five-year energy reduction target and set a new 10-year target for its managed properties
- Updated the Group’s Environmental Policy with an enhanced commitment to reflect its overarching approach in addressing environmental challenges
- Two of the Group’s subsidiaries completed the migration to the latest and more stringent ISO 45001 Occupational Safety and Health Management System
- Upgraded the Group’s digital learning platforms to enhance employee-training capacity
- The Group’s loyalty programme, the SHKP Club, has more than 420,000 members, expanding the Group’s engagement with customers
- Improved hygiene standards and utilized technologies to safeguard the health and safety of customers and other property users
- Introduced smart living concepts through the use of home automation systems and mobile applications in the Group’s latest residential developments
- 98% of suppliers were locally based to support the local economy
- A below industry average accident rate for the Group’s contractors at construction sites
- Launched a transitional social housing project, United Court, to help ease the local housing shortage for underprivileged families
- 2,800 registered volunteers of the SHKP Volunteer Team continued to help the community and have together contributed over 100,000 service hours to date
The Group’s sustainability work has once again received notable recognition in sustainability-related indices. SHKP has remained a constituent member of the Hang Seng Corporate Sustainability Index and the FTSE4Good Global Index series of London. The Group also ranked sixth in the Hong Kong Business Sustainability Index (HKBSI) and fourth in the Greater Bay Area Business Sustainability Index (GBABSI).
- Email email@example.com