SHKP celebrates the 25th anniversary of Hong Kong’s Return to the Motherland Sharing the joy of celebration with the public through 10 major events
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Hong Kong’s return to the motherland, Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited (SHKP) is rolling out a series of celebration events to start a new chapter for Hong Kong together.
SHKP Chairman and Managing Director Raymond Kwok said: “This year marks the 25th anniversary of Hong Kong’s return to the motherland, as well as the 50th anniversary of SHKP’s public listing in Hong Kong. Over the past few decades, SHKP has put its long-standing belief of Building Homes with Heart into practice by developing premium properties and providing the public with quality products and service, helping Hong Kong become an international centre for finance, innovation and technology. With the country being Hong Kong’s strongest backer, SHKP is fully confident in the future of Hong Kong and firmly believes that the city will surely start a new chapter of prosperity and stability under the leadership of the new Hong Kong Special Administrative Region government.”
The Group is organizing or sponsoring 10 major celebration events, most of which have already been accredited as official events for the celebration of the 25th anniversary. The events are of two main types: celebratory message displays of the 25th anniversary of Hong Kong’s return to the motherland, and events engaging different groups of people.
Displaying Messages to Celebrate the HKSAR’s 25th Anniversary
- The Group is featuring festive light decorations to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Hong Kong’s return to the motherland on the facades of three iconic buildings on both sides of Victoria Harbour: ICC, Hong Kong’s tallest building; Sun Hung Kai Centre, which is SHKP’s headquarters, and Central Plaza, co-developed with the Sino Group.
- The Group is hanging giant celebration banners at its properties in Wan Chai and Central, including IFC mall, Sun Hung Kai Centre, Harbour Centre and Central Plaza, and in conspicuous areas near the buildings.
- The Group has produced promotional videos to celebrate the anniversary, which are being broadcast in 16 SHKP shopping malls and on SHKP’s official website.
- Since early June, 16 SHKP malls have been showing the video of the HKSAR 25th anniversary theme song Heading Forward.
Organizing various activities to celebrate with the public
- The Group is sponsoring a significant celebration event titled ‘Better Than Ever—Art Exhibition by Renowned Artists in Celebration of the 25th Anniversary of Hong Kong’s Return to the Motherland’. The exhibition, which started on 25 June and is being held at SHKP’s Sky100 Hong Kong Observation Deck, features original works by Qi Baishi and over 20 contemporary art masters. The exhibition will be open for public viewing from 4 to 13 July. Registration details will be announced in early July.
- The SHKP Reading Club’s annual summer flagship programme Read to Dream will organize a series of activities to celebrate the anniversary. The activities will enhance Hong Kong youngsters’ knowledge of cultural and technology developments in the past 25 years and encourage them to learn more about Hong Kong and the motherland through reading. They will also be encouraged to pursue their dreams and contribute to Hong Kong and the country.
- The Group will co-organize the Future Engineer Grand Challenge with the Hong Kong STEM Education Alliance. With the theme on ‘Innovation and Technology Ideas for Improving School Life’, the competition seeks to promote STEM education among young people and encourages students to unleash their creativity to enhance their learning and school life.
- The Group is sponsoring the publication of a children illustration book which marks the HKSAR 25th anniversary and shows Hong Kong’s key landmarks over the past 25 years. The Group will organize outreach seminars and games in kindergartens and primary schools to enable students to learn more about the Hong Kong landmarks and related interesting stories.
- The Group produced the world’s first sky100 x nanoblock Hong Kong Skyline model, which uses micro-sized building blocks to build the world-famous skyline comprising Hong Kong’s iconic skyscrapers, with ICC being the tallest. The skyline symbolizes the prosperous development of Hong Kong in the past 25 years since its return to the motherland.
- The Group is actively planning the Sun Hung Kai Properties Hong Kong Cyclothon and SHKP Vertical Run for Charity – Race to Hong Kong ICC to promote the Sports for Charity spirit. Both events will set up special races to celebrate the 25th anniversary. Details of the events will be announced in due course.
- Email email@example.com